Dharavi has beaten iconic Taj Mahal to become India’s most preferred travel destination
Dharavi won the top position on the ‘Top 10 Experiences’ in India.
- Asia’s biggest slum ‘Dharavi’ in Mumbai beat Taj Mahal and became India’s popular destination to travel.
- Dharavi topped the list of the ’Top 10 Experiences – India’ by Trip Advisor and beat many famous places like – Taj Mahal, The Original Delhi Shopping tour, Old Delhi Bike tour, etc.
- Dharavi becomes globally famous because Hollywood movie Slumdog Millionaire shot here.
- This place (Dharavi) also won the award of ’10 Travelers’ Choice Experiences 2019 in Asia’. Dharavi ranked 10th after the jungle swing in Ubud, Bali, and a biking tour in Tokyo.
- Dharavi tour is in small groups that take you into the slum by walking through the narrow lanes of the slum.
- Many Indians and foreigners are visits in Dharavi. This proved that experiencing local culture has become an important part of travelling.