This James Bond Aston Martin sold at the world’s biggest classic car auction in California.
“These DB5s are amazing. I remember the Furka Pass tyre shredding [in a car chase in Goldfinger], as well as the promotional events with these cars – they have become increasingly iconic since Goldfinger and Thunderball. In fact, I bought a very fine DB5 myself relatively recently.”Sean Connery
- This Aston Martin was used to promote the James Bond film Thunderball has sold for a staggering ₹45.3 Crore.
- This car was once owned by British JCB billionaire. It exceeded the auction estimate and became the world’s most expensive DB5 to date.
- This one DB5 is one of the many star lots. The entire auction is expected to bring in over $380 million.
- Aston Martin DB5 made for James Bond has 13 alterations including a Browning machine gun and bulletproof rear shield that can be raised and lowered.
- The car is a dream for all James Bond fans alive; it does justice to the name of the British Spy.
- James Bond is the face of best secret agents that have ever been. It only makes sense that a James Bond car should sell for an enormous price.