Amazon in its latest innovation is reportedly developing a voice-activated wearable device that will let us know about human emotions.
- Amazon Innovation to read emotions will be wrist-worn just like the other fitness band like Fitbit or Apple Watch.
Your voice’s tone, pitch, pace, and other “vocal biomarkers” can reveal much about your mood, and even your decision-making process.
- It’s being produced via collaboration between Lab126 and the Alexa voice software team.
- Lab126, the hardware development groups are the first to introduced Alexa to the world and also responsible for the Kindle, the Fire Phone, and the Echo speaker.
- The Amazon Innovation will work in sync with a Smartphone app which is said to have microphones that can “discern the wearer’s emotional state from the sound of his or her voice.”
- The notion of building machines that can understand human emotions has long been a staple of science fiction.
- Amazon is making efforts right now is to build out an ecosystem of Alexa-capable devices.
- It’s unclear whether Amazon has plans to bring the Innovation to the mass market.