On 3rd July, CBI launched a massive crackdown of loan defaulters carrying out searches at over 61 locations in 18 cities.
- The raid was done when 17 cases were registered involving swindling of funds to the tune of Rs 1,139 crore.
- Initially, the loans were around Rs 640 crore which later on swelled to Rs 1,139 crore with constant search expansion all day.
- The searches were being conducted in Delhi, Mumbai, Ludhiana, Thane, Valsad, Pune, Palani, Gaya, Gurugram, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Surat, Kolar, and more.
- The CBI agency had 300 officers drawn from various units of the agency swooped down at over 61 locations after receiving information from various nationalized banks.
- All the raids were closely monitored by CBI Director Rishi Kumar Shukla.
Places which were searched regarding default loans
- Five places were searched in connection with Rs 57 crore loss caused to the bank by Supamad Trading Pvt Ltd
- One place was searched in connection with Asuti Trading Pvt Ltd for causing loss of Rs 50 crore to the bank.
- Delhi-based SL Consumer Products Ltd has been booked by the CBI for causing loss to Union Bank of India of Rs 55 crore.
- Aligarh-based Samprash Foods Ltd for loss Rs 60 crore to Union Bank of India,
- Chandigarh-based International Mega Food Park Ltd for loss of Rs 40.17 crore to SIDBI.
- Bhopal-based Ranjeet Automobiles for loss of 34.36 crores to Bank of Baroda.
- Surat-based Jalpa Textiles Pvt Ltd for loss of Rs 28 crore to Bank of Baroda
This massive raid can be considered as one of the biggest synchronized action against alleged bank loan defaulters.