India’s first women finance minister after decades Nirmala Sitharaman in her first budget mentioned women empowerment through women-led initiatives.
Nirmala Sitharaman has made it clear that the Modi 2.0 will not focus on women-centric policies, instead, they will empower women to lead across the sectors
- Nirmala Sitharaman emphasized on women empowerment in her first budget.
- Government proposes to expand Women self-help group (SHG) interest subvention programme to all districts in the country.
- One woman in each SHG will be entitled to loan up to Rs 1 lakh under the Modi government’s Mudra Scheme.
- Government proposes to expand SAG to every corner of the nation.
- For every SAG member, an overdraft of 5000 will be allowed.