Mitsubishi’s new power system Dendo Drive House automatically shares energy between electric cars and the home.
The Dendo Drive House (DDH) features solar panels, home battery and a bi-directional charger that lets power flow from your home to your car and vice versa.
- Mitsubishi will sell a system that lets you share power between your home and electric car.
- The technology was launched at the Geneva Motor Show.
- DDH supports cars like the Mitsubishi Engelberg Tourer that the company also announced at the show.
- There are a number of scenarios when having your car charge your home could be useful.
- In addition to opening up a world of off-grid living, it could also serve as a backup in the event of a power cut.
- The system supports both pure electric vehicles as well as plug-in hybrids like the new Engelberg Tourer and existing Outlander PHEV.
- Mitsubishi is not the only company, Tesla also supported the functionality, its CEO Elon Musk mused that the company could bring it back in the future.
- Don’t expect the system to come cheap however. The bi-directional charger itself could cost as much as €10,000.
By: Abhinav Ranjan, Editorial Desk, DKODING Media