Banksy is a world-famous, anonymous artist leading today’s art to an audaciously accepting place.
“As soon as I cut my first stencil I could feel the power there. I also like the political edge. All graffiti is low-level dissent, but stencils have an extra history. They’ve been used to start revolutions and to stop wars.” Banksy on his art.Banksy
- Banksy is famous for bombing the streets with graffiti art and shredding pieces worth millions.
- The piece now famously known as ‘Love in the bin’ is perhaps worth double the value it was auctioned for.
- Banksy’s plan was to shred it completely but it stopped halfway due to the shredder malfunctioning.
- The anonymous artist believes that it is easier to have your art to go out to the world than ever before.
- Art was not inclusive of the various art forms like graffitis. Banksy has bombed his stencil art all over the world, emerging without a trace of the man himself.
- The art he creates has given a voice to the people all around, bashing merciless blows by denouncing the capitalism involved in monopolising the art that sells against the art that didn’t.
- This man is leading us away from the times when it was completely bourgeois. Street art has gained real momentum in the working of our society since he began his works.
- He usually makes his art using stencils.
- Nobody can really put a price on art and he proudly disowns the world of money we live in – the Shredded canvas of Banksy’s famous, Girl With a Balloon sits as the trophy for his rebellion.