Earlier this year Intel abandoned their smartphone modem business, and it was in talks that Apple will close the deal for $1 Billion
The company had concluded that there just wasn’t money in the business after Apple and Qualcomm settled their ongoing dispute a settlement which meant Qualcomm would provide modems to Apple once again.Bob Swan, Intel CEO
- Apple reportedly in talks to buy Intel’s 5G smartphone modem business for $1 billion.
- Reports are around that Intel is not able to provide the modem for iPhone in the given period of time.
- This forces Apple to solve the legal dispute from Qualcomm after a year and reached a surprise settlement with Qualcomm.
- Apple will now once again return to using Qualcomm’s modems in its phones.
- This deal could bring hundreds of Apple engineers and key patent from Intel together to build some technologies.
- Apple has worked with Intel’s team closely, especially during their legal disputes with Qualcomm, though it falls behind in 5G modem development.
- As of now none of the representatives from Apple had commented on the reports.
By: Shubham Sharma, Editorial Desk, DKODING Media