iPhone 2020 to get a major update in terms of the display with a refresh rate on par with iPad Pro.
Apple has finally made its mind to bring ProMotion to iPhones, recent leaks suggest we may see a 120Hz refresh rate display in 2020 iPhones.
- The latest leaks have revealed that Apple is considering a 120Hz panels for next year’s handsets.
- The new display will come with ProMotion, which is currently available only on iPad Pro.
- The display will make scrolling pages buttery smooth along with the ability to switch between 60Hz and 120Hz refresh rates to save battery life.
- The leak has also claimed that Apple is currently discussing the plan with Samsung, its OLED screen manufacturer, and LG, its LCD screen manufacturer.
- It would be the first time its ProMotion technology has graced an OLED screen since its debut in 2017.
- Although Apple is not the first to bring a high refresh rate display in smartphones, OnePlus 7 Pro has a refresh rate of 90Hz like the Asus ROG Phone.
- While the Razer Phone 2 and the Sharp Aquos 3 both reach 120Hz like iPad Pro.