Namdev Gaurav, the 65-year-old driver was nominated for Best Actor alongside Amitabh Bachchan.
The film, Namdev Bhau revolves around the life of Namdev Gaurav, who is tired of the noisy life of Mumbai and leaves the town in search of a ‘Silent Valley’. It’s his journey that finds the basic premise of the film.
- Cinema is for everyone irrespective of how young or old they are. A 65-year-old driver, Namdev Gaurav proved this once again with his inspiring story.
- Namdev Gaurav, a 65-year-old driver, perhaps realised this when the family he used to work for asked him to give acting a try in their film, Namdev Bhau: In Search of Silence.
- It’s the power and beauty of cinema that makes it appear from places one doesn’t usually think of.
- No one anticipated that the film would be selected for the prestigious Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IIFM) and would even earn Namdev Gaurav a nomination in the Best Actor category.
- Producer Dheer Momaya, who decided to cast his chauffeur as the lead in his film, opened up about his decision. He shared that there was a sense of relaxed urgency about him.
- Dheer Momaya said that he wasn’t sure if Namdev Gaurav would be able to hold the screen for about ninety minutes.
- It was after the first day of the rehearsal that the film’s director, Dar Gai, was sure of his potential.
- Namdev Bhau’s boundary-less wit are great to recreate emotions naturally for the camera and the deep characteristic of his face helps distinguish the subtlest of emotions that he feels, Momaya said.
- This isn’t the first film festival Namdev Bhau is travelling to.
- From Busan International Film Festival, Dharamshala International Film Festival to MAMI – Mumbai Film Festival and IFFI – Goa, the film has turned into a festival favourite.
By: Abhinav Ranjan, Editorial Desk, DKODING Media