The fire in Amazon is still active, and trees are not the only one affected by this catastrophic fire. People around the globe have raised their concern on social media, but there are ways to actually help the burning forest.
The forest was the manufacturer of earth’s 20% oxygen and home to 10% of earth’s diversity. And there is no way we should let the fire permanently damage the lungs of planet earth this easily.
This is how you can help with the afforestation of Amazon and remember small efforts make a big difference.
- Rainforest Action Network is determined towards protecting an acre of the Amazonian rainforest, you can donate to them.
- The rainforest Trust has saved over 23 million acres of rainforest, donate to them and they’ll help you buy land in the rainforest.
- Try and reduce your paper and wood consumption. You can also check the rainforest-safe materials with Rainforest Alliance and even buy some eco-friendly stuff there.
- Reduce your beef intake. Your beef intake is often linked to deforestation courtesy of the processed products and fast-food burgers.
- The World Wide Fund for nature is working to protect the species in the Amazon and around the world.
- Ecosia.org is a famous eco-friendly search engine that plants a tree for every 45 searches you run.
- Explore and sign some petitions on change.org. Your sign can further strengthen the cause and back the fight for the Amazon.
- One Tree Planted is an NGO that is fighting against the deforestation around the world. They will keep you updated on the Peru Project and the impact your trees are having on the community.
- Another big organization working for the Amazon rainforest and the indigenous people is the Amazon Conservation. Your donation can help plant trees, sponsor education, protect habitats, buy a solar panel, and preserve Indigenous lands.