The future AI has something which will make you doubt the reality, doubt the existence of everything you see or hear on digital platforms – The Deepfakes.
We are not here to create some kind of fear, but to aware alert you about a future threat that may very well use your emotions and leave a big hole in your bank account.
- Imagine someone calls you at midnight. The voice on the other side is of someone very dear to you.
- He asks you for some money stating he is in some kind of trouble. What will you do then? obviously, you will try to help him/her no matter what.
- And guess what, you may have become a victim of a new cyber fraud, the deepfake artists, courtesy of AI.
- However, these things have not become a serious cause of trouble as of now, because the technology we are talking about takes a lot of voice samples and is in the initial stage.
- But in future, we can see some easily available apps and websites who can imitate your voice and even create some videos so real-looking even you’ll doubt their fakeness.
- There’s no way we can stop these technologies from spreading, thanks to the internet and dark web. But what we can do is try and educate everyone we know to avoid falling for these scams.
- Meanwhile, the risk is not just monetary, social image is also at stake from celebrities to a housewife. Fake porn videos of celebs are something which is not something new.
- The law authority needs to find a war to tackle this fake identity issue. And we can also wonder how credible our future news source and media will be with such weaponry of social destruction.
- To sum up, maybe meeting someone personally would be the only credible source of stories. But AI has the power to disrupt the world even more.