TVAddons founder Adam Lackman was recently sued for piracy and his home was searched not by some law authorities instead by a legal team representing the powerful telecom and media companies.
Imagine waking up with lawyers knocking your door ready to ransack your house for a case you don’t even know exists. Well, Adam Lackman countered this situation by hiding in the closet with a knife in his hand.
- TVAddons is a site which hosts unofficial addons for Kodi media player, these add-ons allowed users to watch pirated content over the media player.
- Their founder Adam Lackman was sued by major Canadian telecom and media companies for piracy and he was not aware of this until his door was knocked by their lawyers, a bailiff and a locksmith.
- He was not informed about his trial because the media house representatives convinced the court that he may destroy the evidence.
- Adam Lackman was so scared watching all these people standing right outside his door that he called cops and hid in a closet holding a knife.
- Lackman was questioned 9 hours and the team copied his laptops, hard drives and other storage devices they found and even demanded the passwords.
- This clearly shows the aggressive stance of telecom companies towards piracies and they will take every measure possible to see pirates behind the bars.
- Ironically Adam Lackman was crying out loud about the way they invaded his privacy and ransacked his place.