Jackson Pollock an American Painter and a contributor to the abstract expressionist movement, his masterpiece painting Number 17 A sold for $200 million
Painting is self-discovery. Every good artist paints what he isJackson Pollock
- Jackson Pollock was famously known for his pouring or splashing of liquid household paint onto a horizontal surface which enables him to view and paint his canvases from all angles.
- He has multiple painting which is sold for a big amount. His action painting made him famous in the short span of time.
- Jackson Pollock introduced drip painting to the world in 1947, which is the example of the radical and exceptionally unique art.
- The masterpiece by Jackson is done with oil paint on a fireboard canvas.
- Later the year 1948 he appeared in Life Magazine with the headline “Is he the greatest living painter in the United States?”
- He passed away at the age of 44, but his fame continued after his death.
- The artwork of Jackson Pollock titled as Number 17 A was sold in 2016 for $200 million in a private purchase to a billionaire and art collector Kenneth C. Griffin.
- The art world had exceptionally blended responses to Jackson’s artwork and all the reviews were polarized.
- No offense but one can buy two of the Ronde Island at the price of the painting.
By: Shubham Sharma, Editorial Desk, DKODING Media