Mamata Banerjee: Modi Babu only says lies | Amit Shah: Mamata Didi has spoiled culture of Bengalis
Turning the heat on, Amit Shah accused Mamata Banerjee of ignoring democratic ethics and misusing state police. He also incited the national sentiment, asking West Bengal CM to clarify her stand on J&K.
“The BJP is being called a terrorist organisation. I dare Mamata Banerjee to clarify her stand on Articles 370 and 35A,” – BJP President Amit Shah
- BJP President dared West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to clear her stance on sensitive laws governing Jammu & Kashmir
- Banerjee has been at ends with the Election Commission having accused the poll body of acting as a ‘tool’ for the NDA government
- Banerjee had earlier hit out at BJP and PM Modi, saying that West Bengal will repay ‘Notebandi’ (demonetization) with ‘Votebandi’ (no votes)
- Amit Shah claimed that Mamata Banerjee is attacking Election Commission, BJP and the Congress due to a fear of losing in the elections.
- Referring to the unsolved murder of a BJP worker in Purulia, Shah stated it reflects the death of democracy in West Bengal.
Banerjee criticized BJP in her speech at Nadia saying people do not want the BJP government in Delhi. She said:
“Modi babu only says lies. He has been giving big speeches in the last five years. He is sharing his ‘mann ki baat’. How big is his ‘mann’ (mind)?” He has been making foreign tours in the last four-and-half years and now he is promoting himself.”
In response, BJP President Amit Shah hit back saying Mamata Banerjee had spoilt the culture of Bengalis:
“Now people have a feeling that the communist government was better than Mamata didi. The police are puppets in the hands of the Trinamool Congress. Democratic ethics were ignored in the panchayat polls,”
On Banerjee’s accusations of the EC being biased to BJP, Shah said:
“Democracy has ceased to exist in West Bengal. Law and order have also failed in the state. Mamata Banerjee has forgotten that more officials were transferred when she was contesting the last elections. Why is this different? Is it because she is unable to rig the polls?”