Technology can help improve both the Mental and Physical health of a person if used smartly. Here are 5 ways to improve your health using technology.
The paradox of life in the 21st century is Technology. It is ruling our lives without us knowing. However, apart from governing our lives, technology is capable of instigating and invigorating efficiency and effectiveness. On the other hand, health is the most valuable asset for humans, though for most people it has turned into a liability. As of 2019, about 2.1 billion people are obese in the world. We don’t have the exact statistics for people who are mentally unhealthy, but I am quite sure that the number would be highly alarming. Therefore, putting things into perspective, here are 5 ways to improve your health using technology itself. Interested? Then let’s get going!
1.) Use Fitness Bands
The fitness band is maybe the most underrated tool nowadays. It’s a solitary tool that can help with several health-related issues. At present, one of the most prominent health-related concerns among people is the lack of proper rest. Low focus, less efficiency in work, impulsive decisions, indecisiveness and confusion, excessive food compulsions e.t.c. are the consequences of unclarity in thoughts. Scientifically proven, proper rest helps you to think better. Due to excessive overthinking, mostly people make such decisions which they end up regretting later. Hence, proper rest for body and mind is imperative.
However, not only inadequate sleep is a problem, but excessive sleep is also a problem. Thus, monitoring our sleep hours can be extremely crucial and beneficial.
Apart from sleep-related concerns, a fitness band can help track the number of calories that you burn every day. It can measure the amount of physical activity that you undertake and provide you with personal analytics that is required for you to get back in shape. Go buy a fitness band!
2.) Fitness Applications
There are tons of fitness applications available for free download on the play store and the app store as well. These applications have dedicated physical schedules and challenges that you can choose from. Besides, such applications also convey instructions to perform particular exercises in an appropriate manner.
Also, they have the feature to set up a reminder on a daily basis so that you never miss your workout.
3.) Monitor Screen-Time
Apple recently rolled out a ‘Screen-Time’ feature on IOS devices which helps users track the duration of time at which they are using their devices on a regular basis. The android platform also has several similar applications that can help its users to monitor their device usage as well. This feature can really help you overcome your phone addiction habits if used in a precise manner. In the reduced screen time, you can plan some physical stuff, an outdoor activity maybe.
4.) Diet Related Apps
Lack of knowledge is a thing of the past. With the realms of Google’s infinite knowledge reach available at the few swipes of fingers, diet-related impediments can be conquered very easily. Similarly, a diet-related application installed in your smartphone can do wonders for your health. You can always know what you should consume and what you shouldn’t.
Many doctors and fitness specialists believe that health is 70% about the food a person eats and the rest 30% is about exercise. Perhaps, with a diet application, you can achieve the 70% part quite easily.
5.) Monitor your Progress or create a Time-Table
Finally, you can install another application to monitor your progress and award you points according to each day’s activity. Monitoring your day-to-day activities can Fastrack your growth several times. The application would help you compare weeks and months of activities very easily and point you in the right direction.
In these ways, you can use technology to your own aid and work on several aspects of your health.