Trump sounded fine in the video. But his physician Dean Colney has since then admitted that the President’s condition is worse than earlier conveyed.
With US president Donald Trump’s health becoming the centre of global attention, there is confusion over his condition. Officials are coming up with contradictory statements and it’s not easy to gauge the current health status of the President. The 74-year-old president, however, seemed little bothered about rumors making the rounds. In his trademark style, he took to twitter to post a video where he can be seen working on a table. The president said he was feeling much better and he wanted to go back to the election campaign trial.
With a less than a month to election day, President Trump is under care at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center near Washington DC. He and First Lady Melania Trump were first diagnosed with coronavirus last Friday. The President’s oxygen supply has reportedly dropped and he is now being treated with Dexamethasone, a widely available steroid that WHO prescribes for severe or critically ill Covid-19 Patients.
Trump is now being treated with Dexamethasone, a widely available steroid that WHO prescribes for severe or critically ill Covid-19 Patients.
Here are the major updates around US President Donald Trump’s hospitalization and health status that have emerged in the last 24 hours.
1. Concern and Confusion over Trump’s health
While the President said that he was ‘starting to feel good’ in a video, his physician Dean Colney said on Saturday night that the president had made ‘substantial progress but he was not out of woods yet.’ Moments after Colney’s update, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said that Trump’s condition had been ‘very concerning.’
If these statements appeared insufficient to present a clear picture about Trump’s health, Colney made the issue hazier when asked about the specifics of Trump’s ongoing treatment. The President’s physician said during media briefing that Trump wasn’t administered supplemental Oxygen and he was fever-free for the 24 hours? CNN later reported that Trump was given supplemental Oxygen.
Moments later, Meadows presented a completely contrasting picture saying that the President’s vitals had been “very concerning” in the last 24 hours and that the next 48 hour period was expected to be “critical in terms of care for the president.”
However, Trump was reportedly angered with Meadows’ comments. When Meadows realized that he had made a mistake, he seemed to make amends when he told Fox News, “The president had made unbelievable improvements from Friday morning.”
Trump was reportedly angered with Meadows calling his situation “very concerning”.
2. Fellow Victims – Who else has tested positive?
An event at the White House’s Rose Garden on September 26 honoring Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett is said to be the occasion when many in the US administration are believed to have caught coronavirus. As many as seven people, including Trump and Melania, who had attended the event, have since been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Watch: Where Trump went before contracting Coronavirus?
Among the Rose Garden event attendees, who have been diagnosed with coronavirus, are ex-New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Trump’s advisor Hope Hicks, his campaign manager Bill Stepien and former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway. Nicholas Luna, a personal assistant of the president, has also tested positive.
3. I think I will be back soon – Trump
The video that Trump posted on Twitter had him wearing a suit jacket and a shirt with no tie. He thanked the team of doctors and nurses at the Walter Reed hospital, “When I came here, I wasn’t feeling well, but I’m much better now,” he said. “Over the next period of a few days I guess that’s the real test. We’ll be seeing the developments during next couple of days.”
The United States is 31 days away from the presidential election. Quarantine can keep Trump away from campaigning for two weeks, but the president in keen to make a return and resume his campaign. “I think I will be back soon. I want to finish the campaign the way it was started.” He added, “We are going to beat coronavirus soundly.”
Quarantine can keep Trump away from campaigning for two weeks, but the president is keen to make a return and resume his campaign.
4. Controversial Photo-op – Trump’s condition is worse than stated earlier
In a photo-op to hide the actual dismal update about Trump’s health condition, the White House released photographs of the President at work while under COVID-19 treatment at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. The president was seen at a table signing paperwork.
However, netizens were quick to notice that the papers Trump was signing were blank pages rather than official documents. Supporters, led by Ivanka Trump, praised the President for showing dedication, and resilience, being relentless in performing his duties. Nonetheless, the blank piece of paper being signed by the President has since caused massive uproar.
People were quick to notice that the papers Trump was signing during the photo-op were blank pages rather than official documents.
5. Current White House Administrative situation
Since Trump fell ill, Republican majority leader Mitch McConnell has said that the Senate would postpone its work in full session until October 19. However, McConnell stated that the Judiciary Committee would continue its work.
Despite the recent concerning updates about his health, President Trump still holds charge and there is no talk of whether Mike Pence will take over the president’s duties. Trump’s campaign team has said that they will work at full speed until he is fit enough to make a comeback to the campaign trial.
President Trump still holds charge and there be is no talk of whether Mike Pence will taking over his duties.