Reinventing the Approach to Addiction Treatment — Stephanie Strong of Boulder Care
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Founded by Stephanie Strong Boulder Care is a digital clinic that provides services for substance use disorder. The app provides opioid and alcohol addicts telehealth assistance 24*7. The app helps people to overcome the stigma and privacy concerns they face in an in-person setting. Since its inception in 2017, Boulder Care has raised about $ 10 million in funding.
Bringing about Change aspired from Within — Strong became passionate about Addiction healthcare through Apple Tree’s portfolio companies. She was moved by people recovering from addictions in outpatient clinics. Further, she recognized the need for easy access and availability of the treatment. Boulder Care was her solution to make the Addiction treatments and medication programs available for patients throughout the country.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Stephanie Strong, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- In her career spanning over a decade Stephanie Strong has held strategy, operating, and board roles with leading startups.
- She previously consulted on emerging programs for Medicaid beneficiaries in Washington, D.C.
- Along with being an extraordinary woman entrepreneur, she is exceptionally skilled at Data Analysis and Financial Modeling.
- Designation: Co-founder & CEO, Boulder Care
- Citizenship: American
- Residence: Portland, United States
- Education: Duke University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 3 years
- Total Experience: 11 years
- Past Companies: Strategic Health Care, Duke University Health System, Wells Fargo Securities, Save a Child, TripleCare, CleanSlate Centers, QualDerm Partners, Apple Tree Partners
Watch: How do we collaborate and innovate together in the midst of a pandemic?
Strong had first-hand experience seeing the ACA being passed for the first time in her early career.
We need to reframe how we talk about the disease without the pejorative tone.Stephanie Strong on changing the outlook towards Addiction Treatment