Doyen of Digital Health — Michelle Davey of Wheel
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: The American healthcare entrepreneur Michelle Davey is driving change in the region of the healthcare industry that has been neglected for long- the prioritisation of clinical staff. Driven by the notion that empowering frontline clinicians not just plant motivation for the professionals but automatically leads to better care for patients. Davey formerly founded a recruitment company in Texas and also possesses the experience of working in sales for renowned healthcare and IT companies.
Compass Woman for the Future of Healthcare — Michelle Davey, through her company Wheel, is steering the healthcare industry in a new direction by placing the physicians as the priority. The mission is to deliver supreme quality healthcare by empowering front-line physicians. Davey is driven by the notion that empowering frontline clinicians not just plant motivation for the professionals but automatically leads to better care for patients.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Michelle Davey, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Founder and CEO of the company, Michelle has played multiple roles in tech, HR and talent acquisition and healthcare.
- She was the Founder and CEO of RecruitHere, Head of Global Talent & Shared Services at Medici, Talent Acquisition and Culture Manager at Favor Delivery, and Technical Recruiter at Google.
- A graduate from St. Edward’s University, Davey along with Griffin Mulcahey founded Wheel in 2018 with a new healthcare industry model that empowers and facilitates the clinicians on the front line to improve the medical services delivered.
- Designation: Founder and CEO, Wheel
- Citizenship: United States
- Residence: Austin, Texas, US
- Education: St. Edward’s University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 4 years
- Total Experience: 9 years
- Past Companies: Medtronic, International Biomedical, Google, Favor Delivery, Medici, RecruitHere.
Watch: Michelle Davey, Founder & CEO of Wheel
Other Side of the Woman Entrepreneur
Michelle Davey was born and brought up in a rural region of Texas and suffered from autoimmune disease for 15 years while growing up due to lack of healthcare access.
Telehealth is like banking–10 years ago, we called it mobile banking. Now, 98% of banking transactions actually happen on a smartphone. It’s just banking. In the very, very near future telemedicine will be referred to as just “healthcare.”Michelle Davey on the future of telehealth