The Serial Midas Touch — Michele Romanow of ClearBanc
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Michele Romanow is a Canadian entrepreneur who is the co-founder of Clearbanc, a company investing in small businesses and entrepreneurs to drive their digital growth, A serial entrepreneur and an angel investor, Romanow has also been the host of Dragon Den Canada.
The multi-domain entrepreneur — From venture capitalism and healthcare to hospitality, Michele Romanow has excelled in diverse entrepreneurial experiences. She started her winning spree right from the Queen’s University while pursuing Civil Engineering and later MBA. She holds recognition and honours like RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Award, Top 11 Canada’s Most Powerful Women and others.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Michele Romanow Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- She is the Director of Freshii, one of the fastest-growing multinational chain restaurants in the world, based in Toronto, and Vail Resorts, a premier mountain resort company in the world.
- An Angel investor, public speaker, and Public Board Director, Romanow’s personal net worth stands at $187 million.
- Romanow has been named among the Top 100 Canada’s Most Powerful People and is the only Canadian on Forbes ‘Millennial on a Mission’ list.
- Clearbanc, founded by Romanow, which leverages AI to invest in potential businesses, has recorded total funding worth $119.3 million as of 31st July 2019.
- Designation: Co-Founder of Clearbanc, Dragon on Dragon’s Den
- Citizenship: Canadian
- Residence: Toronto, Canada
- Education: Queen’s University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 12 years
- Total Experience: 14 years
- Past Companies: The Tea Room, Evandale Caviar, Sears Canada, Buytopia.ca, SnapSaves, Groupon, Whistler Blackcomb.
Watch: Two Things Every Potential Entrepreneur Needs to Hear | Michele Romanow
While pursuing MBA from Queen’s University, Romanow won 5 International Business Plan Competitions and won a Dare to Dream Scholarship worth $15,000.
I cannot overestimate how much time I actually spend brainstorming. My favorite activity is to think about what companies and products the world needs.Michele Romanow on what keeps the entrepreneur in her going.