The Flash of the Australian Unicorn Club — Lucy Liu of AirWallex
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: The Hong Kong based entrepreneur Lucy Yueting Liu is the co-founder and President of Airwallex. With more than a decade of leadership and executive experience in the investment sector, Liu is making the currency market more accessible to the people across the globe.
Fiercest Down Under —Under Liu’s leadership, Airwallex achieved the tag of fastest Unicorn in Australian history. Her astute growth strategy has resulted in Airwallex’s cumulative funding amounting to $402.7 million as of September, 2020. Liu holds multiple honors and recognitions like Female FinTech Leader of the Year, Top 100 Women in Fintech, etc.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Lucy Yueting Liu, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Airwallex is a cross-border payment and a foreign exchange market fintech company focused on Asia Pacific markets. Lucy Yueting Liu is the co-founder and President of the fintech company.
- Lucy is also the Director of Hong Stone Investment Development Limited and former Board Member of FinTech Australia.
- Under her leadership, Airwallex secured a cumulative funding amounting of $402.7 million as of September, 2020.
- Designation: Co-founder and President, Airwallex
- Citizenship: Hong Kong
- Residence: Shanghai, China
- Education: University of Melbourne
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 5 years
- Total Experience: 11 years
- Past Companies: Barclays Wealth and Investment Management, Moonriver Trading Corp, CICC, FinTech Australia, Hong Stone Investment Development Limited.
Watch: Lucy Liu speaks about Company Values at Airwallex
Other Side of the Entrepreneur
Liu likes cooking and her skills, she has said in a past interview, often surprise people. What she cooks: Fried Rice, Chinese Soup… and Steaks!
There is no way that investors can know more about your company than yourself. You have to be confident, otherwise, why would they trust you with their money and why would they support you?Lucy Liu on the Founder-Investor relationship