Unbreakable Legacy — Katherine Homuth of Sheertex
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Katherine Homuth is the Founder and CEO of Sheertex, the first company of the world to produce the unbreakable pantyhose. Sheertex is not Katherine’s first venture. She formerly founded ShopLocket, and Female Funders, both of which are successful organizations still functional.
Canada’s Womanpreneur Ballistic — A serial entrepreneur, business woman and angel investor, Katherine Homuth is a renowned figure in Canada. She is also the founder of Female Hustlers, an online platform to bridge the gap between the female angel investors and the right investments.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Katherine Homuth, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Montreal based Sheertex raised $44.3 million in capital as of October, 2020.
- Other professional roles played by Homuth include Vice President of PCH International and Co-founder and CEO of ShopLocket.
- A graduate from York University, Katherine has been listed among Forbes’ Top 30 Under 30 and Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women, One of the Women To Watch Out In Wearables, and One of Flare’s Sixty Under 30.
- Homuth’s vision transcended into Sheertex’s sheer pantyhose, which uses the same polymer as bulletproof vests, being adjudged as one of TIME’s Top Inventions of 2018.
- Designation: Founder and CEO, Sheertex
- Citizenship: Canada
- Residence: Montreal, Canada
- Education: York University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 9 years
- Total Experience: 13 years
- Past Companies: Impact Entrepreneurship Group, Independent Contractor, Ecobee, ShopLocket, PCH International, Female Funders
Watch: Sheertex’s Unbreakable Hosiery
The Larger Vision
2 billion pairs of pantyhose end up in landfills each year. Homuth’s larger vision is to drastically reduce this wastage by changing the consumer perception of hosiery from a disposable to a durable product.
Believe in yourself, and don’t be afraid to fail. Failure teaches you valuable lessons you won’t learn anywhere else, and will only make your success that much more rewarding!Inspirational advice by Katherine Homuth