Cometh the Moment, Cometh the Woman — Julia Cheek of EverlyWell
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Julia Cheek is the CEO and Founder of EverlyWell, a consumer health testing company that provides facilities like at-home kits (including COVID-19) and innovative redesigned lab results. She is also a venture partner and has formerly been the Vice President of MoneyGram International.
Mastering Success Craft, Thinking Big and Fast — Dominating the healthcare industry like an alpha, Julia Cheek has created a company that is making the health testing process more convenient and hence, more patient-friendly. In May, Cheek took a big risk and wrote a million dollar check to labs across the country to develop a working COVID-19 test kit. The result: EverlyWell’s FDA-approved at-home sample collection kits that have played a huge rule on the COVID-19 response frontline.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Julia Cheek, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Julia Cheek is the CEO and Founder of EverlyWell, a consumer health testing company that provides facilities like at-home kits and innovative redesigned lab results.
- Additionally, Cheek is also a Venture Partner at NextGen Venture Partners and has formerly served as the Vice President of Corporate Strategy for MoneyGram International.
- While working as the Director of Strategy and Operations for George W. Bush Presidential Centre, Cheek led organization growth and long-term strategic planning for Bush Centre.
- EverlyWell has raised capital worth $250 million as of December, 2020.
- Designation: Founder and CEO, EverlyWell
- Citizenship: United States
- Residence: Austin, Texas
- Education: Harvard Business School
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 5 years
- Total Experience: 14 years
- Past Companies: Deloitte Consulting, George W. Bush Presidential Center, MoneyGram International.
Watch: Why Julia Cheek founded Everlywell
An Exceptional Scholar
At the end of her first year while graduating from HBS, Cheek won the Baker Scholar Distinction at Commencement, a rare honor achieved only by 5% of the graduating class.
I want to make the right bets in a time of economic crisis. I want to make the right product. And I want this to be everything that we hope our response can be. For us not to participate in this moment, for us to be observers, was not an option. This will define our company in a big way.Julia Cheek on Everlywell going all in to contribute to the national COVID-19 response