The Millennial Policy Woman — Jennifer Fitzgerald of Policygenius
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Jennifer Fitzgerald is an experienced professional and now an entrepreneur in the investment sector. Before co-founding Policygenius Inc, Jennifer worked with big names like McKinsey & Company, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Federal Reserve Bank of New York and World Bank. In 2001, she worked with the local government of Honduras as the Urban and Regional Planning Volunteer.
Epitome of Strength — Ruthless in prioritizing growth and laser-focused on solving problems, Jennifer Fitzgerald has turned Policygenius into America’s leading online insurance platform, going from 2 employees to 220 in a matter of half a decade. She is one of only four women Fintech founders in the US to have bagged funding worth more than $50 million. Her honors include Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business 2018 and Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year New York 2019.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Jennifer Fitzgerald, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- A New York based co-founder and CEO at Policygenius Inc, Jennifer Fitzgerald is an investment and insurance entrepreneur.
- Policygenius is America’s top online insurance marketplace which is a one stop shop for multifarious financial protections.
- The company has raised $161 million in capital as of Jan, 2020 under Jennifer’s leadership.
- Fitzgerald has formerly played the role of Associate Principal for Financial Services at McKinsey & Company and Junior Professional Associate at World Bank.
- She holds JD, Law from Columbia Law School and can speak English and Spanish.
- Designation: Co-founder and CEO, Policygenius Inc.
- Citizenship: American
- Residence: New York, United States
- Education: Florida State University, Columbia Law School
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 8 years
- Total Experience: 19 years
- Past Companies: McKinsey & Company, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, World Bank
Watch: What is Policygenius?
Other Side of the Entrepreneur
Jennifer Fitzgerald started her entrepreneurial journey in Honduras with the Peace Corps.
Stay positive and optimistic. Particularly in the early stages, building a new business can be difficult and discouraging, but it’s your job as a leader to keep everyone motivated — and this spans to both investors and employees.Jennifer Fitzgerald’s advice to women leading teams