Natural Womenpreneur — Ghazal Alagh of MamaEarth
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Ghazal Alagh co-founded MamaEarth, a natural skincare brand for baby and mother in 2016. The baby care brand MamaEarth has scaled up to 50 employees and has garnered $23 million in funding. The brand makes sure to take care of the environment by planting trees and recycle more plastic than they can consume.
Building a Sustainable Future — Started with the idea of solving their own parental woes MamaEarth has grown to be Asia’s first Made Safe certified brand, PETA-certified, cruelty-free and plastic-positive. The brand boasts one million products and serving more than 500,000 customers across India, and counts actor Shilpa Shetty among its investors.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Ghazal Alagh, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Prior to developing the successful skincare brand, Alagh used to train Engineers from various IT companies in SQL, J2ME and Oracle.
- She has studied Modern Art, Design and Applied Arts at New York University of Arts and apply the skills in designing her brand language.
- Designation: Co-founder, MamaEarth
- Citizenship: Indian
- Residence: Gurugram, India
- Education: New York Academy of Art
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 8 years
- Total Experience: 12 years
- Past Companies: NIIT, Dietexpert
Watch: Ghazal Alagh introducing a new product
Along with entrepreneurship Ghazal Alagh is passionate about arts and did her first graffiti at the age of 12.
It is difficult for women who are not independent to survive in a fast-changing world.Ghazal Alagh on women empowerment in the 21st century