The Modern Disruptor — Georgina Gooley of Billie
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Georgina Gooley disrupted the razor industry in 2017 by building a first of its kind women-first razor company when she co-founded the female-first brand Billie. The brand has since then expanded its range of body positivity products.
Forcing the Discourse the Right Way — Before the onset of Billie in the razor industry, there were legacy-players who hardly talked to women the way they should. Billie established a body-positive method of selling razors for women, eliminating marketing ads displaying elite women shaving hairless legs and making the Pink Tax on razors disappear.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Georgina Gooley, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Billie is a body positive shaving brand based out of New York which Gooley founded in 2016.
- Georgina Gooley has almost a decade of experience in advertising, retail and cross-border business.
- Under her leadership, Billie had raised funding of $35 million of January 2019.
- Before confounding Billie, Gooley has worked with City of Sydney, DDB Sydney, Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Wieden+Kennedy.
- Designation: Cofounder, Billie
- Citizenship: United States
- Residence: Brooklyn, New York
- Education: University of Sydney
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 4 years
- Total Experience: 18 years
- Past Companies: Televisi Republik Indonesia, City of Sydney, DDB Sydney, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Weiden+Kennedy
Watch: Disrupting the Pink Tax with Georgina Gooley of Billie
Who Inspires Her
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern. Gooley admires Ardern’s leadership skills with centre around compassion, humanity, and dignity.
If you want to start a business, find something that’s important to you — it can be anything as long as you truly care about it. There will be a lot of distractions along the way, so having a North Star is important. And most importantly, back yourself.Georgina Gooley’s advice to entrepreneurs just starting out