Crypto Economy Avant-Garde — BlockFi’s Flori Marquez
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc.| Florida, USA: Bringing fintech and blockchain together to create the magic of compounding, Flori Marquez, a renowned woman entrepreneur from New York, is the Co-founder and SVP of BlockFi, a cryptocurrency lending platform based out of Brooklyn, New York.
Levelling up the Money Mindset — A head for numbers, passion for entrepreneurship, and significant experience in creation and scaling of financial portfolios has made Marquez has an ace of the marketplace lending industry. Alongside her co-founder, Zak Prince (CEO, BlockFi), Marquez is redefining the crypto-narrative.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Flori Marquez, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Marquez’s BlockFi lets the crypto holders lend out their cryptocurrency at rates which can go up to 8.6%.
- Majoring in pre-law with a minor in economics from Cornell University, she has a defined experience in the marketplace lending industry.
- Marquez has also worked for $30B fixed income manager, Oak Hill Advisors, where she developed and flourished institutional partnerships for the company.
- Under her leadership, BlockFi has secured a cumulative funding worth $158.7 million as per August, 2020.
- Designation: Co-founder and SVP, BlockFi
- Citizenship: American
- Residence: New York, United States
- Education: Cornell University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 3 years
- Total Experience: 11 years
- Past Companies: F. Greek Development, Barclays Capital, Sworde, Rowe & Company LLC, BNP Paribas, Oakhill Advisors, Bond Street
Watch: Why BlockFi
Born Wealth Creator
Working as the portfolio manager for Bond Street, Flori Marquez created, optimized and scaled a portfolio worth $125MM. It was later acquired by Goldman Sachs.
For most people, cryptocurrencies are something out of speculative fiction. Adoption of these assets is limited by the average consumer’s ability to understand how to use them.The hurdle in widespread adoption of Cryptocurrencies as per Flori Marquez