America’s Go-To Plant Purveyor— The Sill’s Eliza Bank
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: American first-gen entrepreneur Eliza Blank founded The Sill, an e-commerce chain selling plants in 2012 at the age of 26. While most innovators are interested in new-age products and services, Bank redefined the age-old affinity humans have for plants, now boasting mega-corporations like Google among its clients. Bank wants urban, metropolitan-residing humans to reclaim their love for plants.
Planting Passion, Reaping Returns — Bank incepted The Sill as a direct-to-consumer indoor plant company along with her co-founder Gwen Blevens who exited after a year. Under Bank’s leadership and aligned with her goal of bridging the gap between plants and people, The Sill has raised $7.5 million from 7 investors till date, including Brand Foundry Ventures and The Raine Group.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Eliza Bank, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- During the COVID-19 lockdown, The Sill faced revenue losses but with talent acquisition and utilizing the time to strengthen the company’s operations, Bank brought the company out of the crisis stronger than before.
- The company has raised %15 million in funding under Bank’s leadership.
- Before founding The Sill, Bank also worked as the Brand Manager for Living Proof.
- To stay inspired, Bank surrounds her self with fellow women entrepreneurs and strives to stay an active part of the community.
- Designation: Co-founder and CEO, The Sill
- Citizenship: American
- Residence: New York, United States
- Education: New York University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 9 years
- Total Experience: 14 years
- Past Companies: Wolff Olins, Living Proof
Watch: Eliza Bank speaks on Plant Parenthood
Practice what you Preach
Eliza Bank practices what she preaches. While The Sill’s offices are filled with plants, her home too has plants in every room. Even the ones with no sunlight.
Being an entrepreneur and a founder means you’re always growing, always pushing further and further out of your comfort zone.Eliza Bank on her entrepreneurial experience