America’s Go-To Plant Purveyor— The Sill’s Eliza Blank
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: American first-gen entrepreneur Eliza Blank founded The Sill, an e-commerce chain selling plants in 2012 at the age of 26. While most innovators are interested in new-age products and services, Blank redefined the age-old affinity humans have for plants, now boasting mega-corporations like Google among its clients. Blank wants urban, metropolitan-residing humans to reclaim their love for plants.
Planting Passion, Reaping Returns — Blank incepted The Sill as a direct-to-consumer indoor plant company along with her co-founder Gwen Blevens who exited after a year. Under Blank’s leadership and aligned with her goal of bridging the gap between plants and people, The Sill has raised $7.5 million from 7 investors till date, including Brand Foundry Ventures and The Raine Group.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Eliza Blank, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- During the COVID-19 lockdown, The Sill faced revenue losses but with talent acquisition and utilizing the time to strengthen the company’s operations, Blank brought the company out of the crisis stronger than before.
- The company has raised %15 million in funding under Blank’s leadership.
- Before founding The Sill, Blank also worked as the Brand Manager for Living Proof.
- To stay inspired, Blank surrounds her self with fellow women entrepreneurs and strives to stay an active part of the community.
- Designation: Co-founder and CEO, The Sill
- Citizenship: American
- Residence: New York, United States
- Education: New York University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 9 years
- Total Experience: 14 years
- Past Companies: Wolff Olins, Living Proof
Watch: Eliza Blank speaks on Plant Parenthood
Practice what you Preach
Eliza Blank practices what she preaches. While The Sill’s offices are filled with plants, her home too has plants in every room. Even the ones with no sunlight.
Being an entrepreneur and a founder means you’re always growing, always pushing further and further out of your comfort zone.Eliza Blank on her entrepreneurial experience