First Lady of Global EdTech — Divya Gokulnath of Byju’s
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Byju’s is a learning application helping over 70 million registered students. The Ed-Tech industry got a major uplift due to the pandemic and so does learning app start up BYJU’S. Gokulnath a teacher, cofounded the company with her husband Byju Raveendran.
Reinventing Learning Methods — Founded in 2009, BYJU’S provide effective learning to students from LKG, UKG, classes 1 -12 (K-12) and competitive exams like JEE, NEET and IAS. The app has been backed by the likes of Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, Naspers, CPPIB, General Atlantic, Tencent, Sequoia Capital, Sofina, Verlinvest and more. Till date the learning platform has raised $ 2 billion in funding.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 —Divya Gokulnath, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Divya Gokulnath is a highly skilled teacher who co-founded the EdTech unicorn with her husband and Byju’s CEO Byju Raveendran.
- She used her skills and experience to make the app learning a cross-section of mobile, interactive content, and personalized learning methodologies.
- She has been recognized as a Femina Power Women 2020, Fortune India Most Powerful Women, LinkedIn Top Voices 2020, Forbes Asia’s Power Businesswoman 2020, and more.
- Designation: Co-founder BYJU’S
- Citizenship: Indian
- Residence: Bangalore
- Education: RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 11 years
- Total Experience: 11 years
Watch: Divya Gokulnath talks about rethinking education and technology
Trait of True Passion
At the age of 21, Gokulnath let go of the offers from various universities to study in the US to stay back and teach her students.
Teachers must embrace technology, and utilize its power to broaden the spectrum of their teaching abilities.Divya Gokulnath ‘on message to teachers in changing times’