Pioneer of Socially-Aware Robotics — Andrea Thomaz of Diligent Robotics
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Andrea L. Thomaz is the Co-founder and CEO of Diligent Robotics Inc, a human-centered robotic company dedicated to designing service robots for industries, primarily healthcare. A Ph.D. holder in Media Arts and Sciences from MIT, Andrea is also an associate professor, distributing her wisdom and knowledge to like-minded people.
Shaping Mankind’s Future — Andrea Thomaz, a renowned social robotics expert, is shaping the future of humankind by producing service robots for various sectors. The Texas based entrepreneur, is establishing human-robot interaction as a convention in the modern era. Thomaz upholds her vision of leveraging automation to solve problems and make lives easier.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Andrea Thomaz, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Andrea Thomaz is also an associate professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
- As the Associate Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology, Thomaz led the Socially Intelligent Machine Lab in the School of Interactive Computing.
- She is a Ph.D. holder in Media Arts and Sciences from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Moving from academic to entrepreneurship, Thomaz and her co-founder Vivian Chu have raised capital worth $15.8 million as of March 2020.
- Designation: Co-founder and CEO, Diligent Robotics, Inc.
- Citizenship: American
- Residence: Austin, Texas
- Education: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 5 years
- Total Experience: 20 years
- Past Companies: International Business Machines, Microsoft Corporation.
Watch: Moxi from Diligent Robotics
Role in Healthcare amid COVID-19
As hospitals implement new protocols to counter the pandemic, Diligent Robotics’ Moxi robot is being deployed for delivery tasks to minimize the risk of infection.
Vivian and I really try to bring that professor teaching skillset into Diligent by helping each of our employees understand their unique superpower and help them grow as an individual with us.Andrea Thomaz on the work culture at Diligent Robotics