Teacher. Activist. Entrepreneur — Amanda DoAmaral of Fiveable
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21| DKODING Media Inc. | Florida, USA: Amanda DoAmaral is making opportunities accessible to AP students with her venture, Fiveable. As the Founder and CEO of the social learning platform Fiveable, Amanda is structuring and mobilizing interactive education by providing a platform for students and teachers to engage after school. DoAmaral has always been passionate for the cause of education and her past experience as teacher and Corps Member for Teach for America testifies her dedication.
Disrupting the Rigid Idea of Education — Having worked as a teacher for several years before starting her entrepreneurial journey, Amanda DoAmaral has had a keen eye for shifts in education. As COVID-19 forced education industry to wake up from latency into the realities of the 21st Century, DoAmaral’s Fiveable is among the innovative EdTech firms leading the change.
People Who Inspire (PWI) Next Gen Awards 2020-21 — Amanda DoAmaral, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- An entrepreneur, teacher, and activist, Amanda DoAmaral is the woman revolutionizing educational opportunities for students and teachers across America.
- She founded Fiveable in 2018 and is currently the organization’s CEO. The company creates interactive study guides, streams weekly live reviews and hosts competitive trivia games to provide students the right tools and skills to excel post-school.
- A graduate in social studies from Boston University, DoAmaral is originally from Wisconsin, United States.
- Fiveable has raised a total capital of $3.8 million as of October 2020
- Designation: Founder and CEO, Fiveable
- Citizenship: American
- Residence: Wisconsin, United States
- Education: Loyola Marymount University, Boston University
- Entrepreneurial Experience: 3 years
- Total Experience: 11 years
- Past Companies: Upward Bound, Boston University School of Education, The Volunteer Family, Arlington Public Schools, Teach for America, Oakland Unified School District
What does Fiveable offer?
How to Recruit
Amanda DoAmaral met the members of her early Fiveable team on Reddit.
Articulate your vision for what you want to do and practice that as much as you can. Eventually, you’ll pitch it to the right person at the right time, and that can change everything.Amanda DoAmaral’s advice to early-stage startup founders