When it comes to having sex, the options of having lights on or off always leaves us in a dilemma. Everyone has different preferences for how things go down. And just like actual sex itself, everyone has their own reasons for why they like things they do. One instance, where people can have varying opinions, is the ambience of the room in which they have sex. For a few people, they may want the fan on or a specific song to play in the background.
Why is lighting important?
When you and your partner both are so preoccupied with fooling around, thinking about lighting is hardly necessary. You could be going at it in broad daylight, and it is already understood that you just don’t care. But many people do care. The reasons for this are:
They are not used to having sex under a certain light
Imagine when people say they prefer blondes over brunettes. It is the same concept with lighting. If a person is used to having sex under a certain kind of light, they will insist on adjusting it, so that they can enjoy the most out of the activity.
Bad lighting can be distracting, which is not good for concentrating on the needs of your partner.
They react negatively to the aesthetics of bad lighting
Fluorescent and neon lights are not recommended for sexy time lighting. The white light washes everything out and makes you look like a morgue tenant. Neon lights hardly illuminate anything and can make you look like a vampire – which some people are into, maybe. Hence light during sex cause dilemma.
They can see all the mess that they forgot to clean up
The only reason why some people would want to turn off all the lights and have sex in pitch black darkness is because they don’t want their partner to see how messy their place is. The beauty of this is that you can exhaust your partner to the point where they won’t care about the mess when the lights are turned on.
Having enough light gives them the best view
This is where lights-off is non-negotiable. Few people want to see everything. They want
Lights on vs. lights off
Both options have many benefits that can enhance your sexual experience with your partner. Lights can improve a room’s ambience, and it can also ruin it. Some types of lighting can also cause problems like headaches, accidents and a sad realization that you forgot to shave or wear a good pair of undergarments. However, having lights on or off during sex lead to huge dilemmas.
Pros of having the lights on
- You get an eyeful of things that will turn you on more. Seeing each other naked can be visually more stimulating
- Best lighting can set the mood and enhance your pleasurable experience.
- You can try different sexual positions safely and accurately, without the risk of sticking things into the wrong orifice.
- Bright lighting can help remove your beer-goggles.
Cons of having the lights on
- The neighbors can sneak a peek, if the lighting allows it.
- Bright lighting can help remove your partner’s beer-goggles.
- You can see everything that needs to be cleaned up.
- Trying new positions feels intimidating, because you can see how crazy it looks with the lights on.
Pros of keeping the lights off
- People who are uncomfortable with letting other people see them naked are able to relax.
- The mystery of not seeing what you and your partner are doing adds a little bit of excitement.
- Your beer-goggles will stay in place, at least until the sun rises.
- You can make the weirdest orgasm faces, and your partner will never get the chance to judge you.
Cons of keeping the lights off
- You can end up bumping into things and stepping on your partner’s cat.
- You have no idea where your clothes went, so you end up killing the hot vibe
- You accidentally put stuff in the wrong hole which might or might not be a con for some.
- Your eyes will feel like they are stabbed with a hot poker when the lights finally come on.
Compare this list and see which lightening option option feels good for you. You can encounter problems either way, but you can still benefit from both of them. You just need to know what feels right for you.
Whether you prefer to make love with the lights on or off, just know that a good time with your partner is more than enough to compensate for any hang-ups in the bedroom.