Twenty eighteen was ‘Blast from the past’ when talking about fashion trends that hit us all. Ranging from cat eye sunglasses, PVC accessories to fanny packs and floor touching overcoats, these trends hit the top in hashtag world of fashion. 2019 isn’t going to be any less and should far exceed our expectations.
Based on last year aesthetics we would like to predict what is going to be fire and will lit up our 2019.
- Suit up that neon- When Lady Gaga wore a loose suit and pants at ELLE’s 25th Annual Women in Hollywood Celebration, it became obvious that the fashion industry isn’t going to disappoint the pop queen and will soon follow ‘suit’. To add a bit of millennial to it these suits are going to indulge in a splash of neon which would definitely spice up our wardrobes.
- Eff it up with Feathers and fringes– These two major inspirations for our vogue aren’t going to disappoint us as ‘Boho’ and ‘western cowboy’ vibes are rising from the dead. Be sure to be on a lookout for them to be adorned on accessories, jackets, boots, clothes and on our heads as hats.
- Sequin is so in– With all things shiny and glittery how can we ever sin of forgetting sequins. Bringing in the vibes of 1980s, forget dancing under a disco ball when you can be your own glamorous disco ball.
- Suspenders for men, need I say more- Men will definitely up their game from styled beards and sharp suits to add a bit of young with suspenders. The nerd and professor looks are seasonless and never really go out of style. This trend will be back by any ‘hook’ or crook.
- Gotta carry it all utility bags- Now fanny packs aren’t going anywhere and if they need to stay they are going to have to level and size it up. Colossal side bags and backpacks will bring more space to make up for the lack of pockets in our jeans. Justice will be served.
- Blush aint gonna hush- With colours popping everywhere, only place where it can be needed more is on our cheeks. We all may not be gifted with high cheekbones (daydreams about Cara Delavigne) but what we lack in structure can obviously be replaced with a dash of rose and tangerine.
- Statement Jewellery is going to turn heads- One thing that ‘Met gala’ 2018 theme of Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination proved to be right was that your head and neck are enough to speak on your behalf if bejeweled with an oomph.
Let the games begin.
You might like these