Even though rolling could get your skin high too? Here’s presenting jade rollers to plump up your skin this summer!
I remember when I was a kid, my mother kept a clean metal spoon in the refrigerator. If her allergies would act up or whenever she felt like her under eyes were puffy, she would pull the cold spoon out and roll the rounded back below her eyes.
Keeping up with beauty trends is almost hard. There is always something new to try, whether it be a glittery eye shadow palette, glossy new lipsticks or face masks made with snail secretion of face tool meant to aid with reducing puffiness.
Enter a jade roller, which are essentially paint rollers for the skin
They are most commonly used to enhance blood circulation which in turn helps products absorb into the skin. They also help to reduce puffiness, which is caused by congested lymphatic channels.
In 2018, jade rollers were all the rage on Instagram, beloved by beauty bloggers across the globe. Their popularity can be attributed to their position at the intersection of two trends: increasing interest in both self-care and “natural” wellness products.
BUT WHAT DO JADE ROLLERS ACTUALLY DO FOR YOUR SKIN? HERE ARE THE REASONS WHY YOU NEED A JADE ROLLER IN YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE
- The roller helps eliminate puffiness and there is actually science behind how it works. The rollers massage the lymphatic system, which networks tissues and organs just below the skin that helps to rid the body of toxins and waste.
- Jade roller, which are handheld massaging tools typically made with one or two jade stone heads, which boost circulation, reduce under the swelling. The roller itself helps remove excess fluid under the eye.
- A jade roller can help to reduce common flair ups and headaches. The stone allows for deep pressure that relieves muscle tension in and around the jaw, without slipping off the muscles that cause locking and misalignment.
- Skincare experts and facialist Abigail James explains that the main benefits of self-massage using a jade roller are that of drainage by way of encouraging the lymphatic’s system natural detoxification process and brightening by boosting the circulation and blood flow beneath the skin granting a visible glow. This roller promises to help relax the nervous system and aid in the removal of toxins.
HOW TO USE IT?
It should always be used on clean and moisturized skin.
- Place the large end of the jaw roller on your chin, apply medium pressure and roll it towards your ear. Repeat in the same spot for 5-6 times.
- Next, move up to your forehead, starting in the middle of your forehead, use the large end to roll towards your ears.
- Using the small end, apply medium pressure and roll from the inner eye towards to outer corner.
Your final step should always be cleaning the jade roller thoroughly with warm, soapy water.
This thing is touching your face every single day: keep it clean.