Spiderman’s Virtues and Vices Make Him The Perfect Choice To Lead Avengers In MCU 4
Fans had to watch Spiderman’s origin story for the third time on the big screen to get to see him fighting alongside Avengers. Now, as our friendly neighbourhood hero is finally a part of Avengers, the question that needs an answer is should Spiderman lead Avengers in MCU Phase 4?
- Should Spiderman lead Avengers in MCU phase 4?
- What is the Future of Spiderman in MCU?
- Achievements that prove Spiderman should lead Avengers in MCU Phase 4.
- Mistakes that prove Spiderman shouldn’t lead Avengers in MCU Phase 4.
Should Spiderman lead Avengers in MCU phase 4?
MCU Phase 3 gave a conclusion to the storyline of two of the leading Avengers i.e. Captain America and Iron Man. Both these fan favourite superheroes had been leading MCU since its beginning, and now as one of them is resting in peace, and another is retired, fans want to know who’ll be leading Avengers in MCU phase 4.
Though Captain Marvel and Thor are the strongest Avengers in MCU right now, none of these two has shown any mood to stay on Earth. Thus, keeping in mind the few numbers of powerful Superheroes left on the streets of earth, fans are wondering if our Spiderman will lead Avengers in MCU Phase 4.
What is the Future of Spiderman in MCU?
After two failed attempts by Sony to successfully continue its spiderman universe till and beyond the third movie, fans finally felt relieved when they got the best version of Spiderman played by Tom Holland in MCU.
But soon after Spiderman joined Avengers and showed some of his acrobatics in space, fans had to face the news of fallout between Disney and Sony over Spiderman. This meant Spiderman wouldn’t be a part of MCU anymore.
For now, the outrage from the fans forced Disney and Sony to come to terms for at least one more Spiderman movie in MCU. Though the possibilities of Spiderman staying in MCU are high, the uncertainty and the doubt will always remain. Considering this uncertainty of Spiderman in MCU, it would be hard to say if Marvel will choose Spiderman to lead Avengers in MCU phase 4.
Virtues that prove Spiderman is the new face
- Being Spiderman without Spider suit – In Spiderman Homecoming when Tony stark took the Spider suit from Peter, he was left with no assistance from any super technology. Yet he fought with Vulture on his own and saved Tony’s a**. He proved that he’s a true superhero at heart.
- A Space tour – In Avengers Infinity War, when the stakes were at the peak, our Peter being a friendly neighbourhood Spiderman could have remained in neighbouring streets. But he chose to fight alongside Iron Man and lost his life for 5 years. This sacrifice totally proves that Spiderman should lead Avengers in MCU Phase 4.
- Defeating Mysterio – Mysterio from “Spiderman Far from Home” wasn’t an easy villain; it would have been equally difficult for any other Avenger to defeat him as it was for Peter. But Spiderman’s ability to believe in himself, stepping up, and being more than a teenager helped him in defeating Mysterio.
Vices that prove Spiderman shouldn’t lead Avengers in MCU Phase 4
- Giving Away E.D.I.T.H. – E.D.I.T.H. was an extremely potential and destructive tech handed over to Peter by Stark. But Peter Parker acting like a college kid felt unworthy of it, and he gave it away to Mysterio. He got fooled and he acted emotionally, it did and could have resulted in the destruction of more than a few public properties.
- Desperation to prove himself – Spiderman in MCU has shown his desperation several times and had risked lives of people. He did the same while trying to prove himself in “Spiderman Homecoming” and risked a ferry full of people.
- Not the most powerful – Though Spiderman in MCU had proved himself to be one of the most effective Avengers at the time of need, still, he’s not the most powerful among all. Spiderman is a teenager, and he is human. Whereas there are superheroes like Wanda, Hulk, Thor, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel in MCU that are much more powerful, knowing, and worthy than Spiderman. This puts the possibility of Spiderman leading Avengers in MCU Phase 4 in doubt.
Tony trusted Peter Parker to carry his legacy in MCU; Iron Man would have trusted Spiderman to lead Avengers in MCU Phase 4.