by Sourav Chatterjee__
Are you buying and implementing a CRM solution for the first time?
Do understand that a CRM System will be as capable as the CRM strategy designed and implemented correctly and it is not about Technology. If your CRM Planning and Implementation are either absent or not in line the chances of failure can increase by over 50 %.Without a proper planning of the CRM Implementation, the organisation is not yet ready for the CRM and cannot reap its benefits. CRM is all about bringing in the transformation in the organisation, A CRM admin can deliver this only when he/she has an in-depth functional knowledge of how the organisation functions.
A person with in-depth practical experience will be able to Plan, Decide and Finalize the process and at the same time bring in the essential efficiencies a CRM promises. Preparing well for CRM Implementations is the key to reaching the Goals. Less than 10% of CRM Implementation fail due to Technology reasons.
#Do not attempt an ambitious CRM strategy without adequate preparation.
1. Many organisations who implement CRM for the first time do not prepare well enough and thus get poor results.
2. Entire work culture cannot change by putting a simple CRM software. Change management has to kick in earlier to prepare people.
3. Failing to Budget and plan for Training, Planning, and Consultancy is a recipe for poor implementation.
# Plan for Data Migration and Integration
1. Ensure Proper formatted, clean, correct and complete Customer data. CRM implementations often fail because of poor Data quality
2. In CRM, we need contact details of Real People
3. Beware Data in Excel sheets are generally very poorly formatted. As a result, we get wrong CRM data, wrongly formatted CRM data.
4. Client organisation have difficulty in finding resources who can clean the data, get numbers and email IDs in a valid format
5. This causes enormous to-and-fro of CRM Data and subsequent delays.
# Implement Key Processes and the culture of Process Adherence in Place.
1. Well-written processes are not required but welcome, but at least the Team should have some procedures in place.
2. The problem arises, when with CRM software comes, lots of predefined processes and the Team doesn’t comply.
# Do not compromise Training & Leadership
1. Operating a CRM is not like operating your social media account training is essential and very important for success. Well, integrated software which works with Microsoft Office does make it easier for users to adopt, yet training and guidance make them productive.
2. Leadership participation and re-enforcement is absolutely necessary for Training & Adoption
3. A qualified and trained CRM administrator with Vision and leadership is super critical.
4. State and ensure purpose and goal of implementing CRM is known to all users and ensure discipline.
5. Designate Person-in-charge for smooth single window communication.
6. CRM Implementation cannot be successful without regular Training, Monitoring and improvisations.