Alisaie is a momentous character in Final Fantasy XIV that has her own line of side quests.
The Elezen guest character is the grandchild of another prominent character in the game, Louisoix Leveilleur and she also has a great story and some challenging quests to offer to the players. Out of all the quests that Alisaie is involved in, one side questline that stands out the most is the Binding Coil of Bahamut. It is a level 50 dungeon filled with bosses, enemies, and a lot of rewarding loot.
Complete this legendary questline in style by equipping the best gear you could find in FFXIV. Start off your journey by equipping the Lord Hien’s Attire from the TOP marketplace on the internet featuring the cheapest gil among other goods, Eldorado.
Starting the Quest
The rewarding raid is available after the first main storyline of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is completed. Binding Coil of Bahamut was initially the most challenging content on the game which was only accessible to pre-made parties with players with the same progression in the turns. Later on with the release of the Second Coil of Bahamut, the quest could be accessed through Duty Finder and also grants an Echo bonus to all parties.
Binding Coil of Bahamut requires a full party of 8 players and all players should have reached level 50 and have the trials Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan completed. Having qualified these requirements players can proceed to talk to Urianger in The Waking Sands to start the quest titled Primal Awakening which unlocks the dungeon. The Binding Coil of Bahamut quest has 5 stages called turns and each has its own bosses, enemies, and loot.
To enter the first level of the raid, players’ items must be of level 70 or above. This Turn has an Allagan Defense System (ADS) who is a mini-boss and a main boss, Caduceus. The main objectives of the Turn are as follows;
- Gain access to the Exploratory Site: 0/1
- Breach the aetherial fields: 0/2
- Defeat Caduceus: 0/1
The ADS on this level does high voltage attacks paralyzing all players who are hit. Even though it cannot be stunned, it can be silenced. So it is essential that you silence the High Voltage when ADS casts it every 15-18 seconds. Its other attacks are the Repelling Cannon and the Piercing Laser, and these 2 attacks can be dodged easily. The ADS will also spawn ADDS once every 40-60 seconds and you shouldn’t let them tether with the ADS as they increase the ADS’ health and damage. It is also vital that you defeat the ADS within 4 minutes or it will perform massive AoE damage to all players.
When defeating the main boss, Caduceus, the key factor is communication. Split up and communicate to decide who takes slimes while trying to avoid unnecessary damage. When the boss splits into 2 halfway through, make sure they don’t merge and defeat both the bosses close to the same time.
To enter the second Turn, players’ items must be of level 73 or above. This level has multiple ADS-type bosses and the composition of your team is the key to defeating them. The main objective of the Turn is as follows;
- Defeat the ADS: 0/1
If your team has more melee, you should take the right route. If the team is not made of more melees take the left route. Both of these routes have 3 mini bosses and with a team composition of 2 good healers or 3 average healers and a tank, you can pass this level easily.
To enter Turn 3 of the raid, players need to have items of level 70 or above. This level is comparatively easier as it is just a puzzle rather than fighting. There are ADDS that spawn occasionally but they are easy to defeat. The key to clearing this level is by assigning one player to guide the entire team. Everyone should stay together and that leading player will initiate the jumps and the rest have to follow them.
To enter the fourth Turn of the quest, players’ items must be of level 77 or above. This level is another Gauntlet fight that does not have main bosses but a lot of ADDS and has 6 phases to its course. The main objective of the Turn is as follows;
- Slay all the enemies: 0/1
The easiest composition to finish this level is to have 2 Physical and 2 magical DPS on your team. The optimal decisions to make in the 6 phases are as follows;
- Phase 1: A horde of bugs will spawn in a semicircle and they attack to steal life off you. The ideal way to defeat this phase is to use damage reduction abilities such as Rain of Arrows and Eye for an Eye.
- Phase 2: 2 knights and 2 soldiers will spawn close to where the bugs were before. Make sure you only use physical damage on the knights as they will reflect any magic damage you cast on them. Use magical DPS on the soldiers as they have a “stone skin” that absorbs physical damage.
- Phase 3: A dreadnought spawns and this phase also requires damage reduction abilities like Eye for an Eye and Virus to minimize the high damage the dreadnought deals.
- Phase 4: Bugs and Rooks will spawn throughout the room this phase. Rooks must be the main focus in this phase as they deal the most damage and all of them must be cleared before the next phase commences.
- Phase 5: This phase spawns a dreadnought, a knight, and a soldier. Even though this dreadnought isn’t as powerful as the first one it should be the focus in this fight. Make sure to clear out the knight and the soldier before that next phase.
- Phase 6: The hardest phase of the entire fight, 2 Dreadnought, 2 bugs, a solider, and a knight are spawned. The main tank should be tanking the 2 dreadnoughts while an off-tank deals with the rest. The rook that spawns must be prioritized and if the ADS of the team are fast enough, you might not have trouble beating them all.
The final Turn of the quest Binding Coil of Bahamut features one of the most difficult bosses in the game, Twintania. To enter this Turn, players’ items should be of level 82 or above. The main objective of the level is as follows;
- Defeat Twintania 0/1.
Twintania has 5 phases in its combat where he gains more abilities and damage per phase. The 1st phase lasts until he falls below 85% HP and at this phase, he only has 1 ability called Death Sentence. The 2nd phase gives her 2 more abilities, Fireball and Conflagration. At 55% HP Twintania ascends and starts dropping Divebombs. In the 4th phase, she drops back into the battle and will then use her ultimate ability which will instantly kill everyone if they are not in a Neurolink. Twintania then goes into her final phase losing the ability to use Twisters and Dreadknights but gaining two new ones, Hatch and Liquid Hell.
The key to beating her is positioning yourself properly during the start of each phase and using the Neurolinks properly. The team should also consist of at least 2 of each, Healers, Melees, Ranged, and Tanks/Pets.
The content in this post belongs to the respective owners. If you find anything otherwise — please feel free to write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall immediately take it up with the owners.