Owen Wilson is all set to bring his favourite cowboy hat and slay in Disney+ solo series Loki
Remember when MCU’s notorious god of mischief Loki met his end in Avengers: Infinity War? Yep, all our hearts broke a little. After all, he was one of those villains who had left the fandom equally smitten by their charm. Cut to its groundbreaking sequel Avengers: Endgame, we see him in a cameo; thanks to time travel. However, the trickster had escaped with a tesseract in the movie.
- Owen Wilson to star in disney+ solo series Loki
- Loki is seen imprisoned by Time Variance Authority in the teaser aired during the Super Bowl
- Owen could be playing the role of Odin
What does that mean? Well, there had been all kinds of speculations whether Tom Hiddleston will return as Loki. Fans were desperate to see him again. So, Marvel went a step ahead and came up with a six-episode long series in the works. This standalone series starring the ever handsome Tom Hiddleston as Loki would be streaming on Disney+. It has been out that the series would involve time travel. It kind of makes sense, since the last out concept art of Loki was set in the 1970s.
Is Owen Wilson in or Nada? Remember the movie Wedding Crashers. Fun, wasn’t it? Yeah, the lead cast was phenomenal. You guessed it right, it was him – Owen Wilson. Hollywood’s favourite Owen Wilson has been in talks with Disney+. Can you believe it? The man is all set to star in the solo series Loki. The nature of the role is not yet clear. However, we speculate that he might be onto one of the few following roles.
1. Young Odin We know that the series will be set in the 70s in some parts and involve ti nome travel. It is very much possible that Owen Wilson plays the role of Young Odin. The god of wisdom, Odin Borson was the adoptive father of Loki and biological father of Thor and Hela. He was also the protector of nine realms.
Odin found Loki and raised him as his own son in Asgard. He is originally the son of the giant leader King Laufey of Jotunheim who was defeated by Odin during a battle. Owen could very well be playing Odin’s character and if this is true, we might get to see an interesting exchange of dialogues between him and Loki after a good long time travel.
2. Two-Gun Kid The recent teaser of the series aired during the Super Bowl has Loki Trapped in Time Variance Authority. The prison prevents changes to the multiverse and its timelines. Owen Wilson could be playing Two-Gun Kid’s character. The kid is a cowboy from the Old West and a prisoner at TVA. The chances are that they might collaborate to break free of TVA’s captivity.
Why is this one more likely to happen, you ask? Well, Two-Gun Kid was originally a lawyer in Boston who time travelled to join Avengers for a brief moment before returning back to his own time in comics.
He later attempts to join She-Hulk’s firm but changes his mind to become a bounty hunter eventually. This would open up the gates to Disney+ She-Hulk solo series.
Am I right or am I right?
Well, these are just speculations. What happens will be clear sometime in spring 2021. Till then, keep guessing, folks.