To build a Gaming PC is easier said than done but certainly worth it, here’s a how-to guide to construct or upgrade your customized gameplay
Building your own PC allows you to control all the gaming aspects as well as experience. As a result, you’d be able to play the games at the frame-rates you want, without sacrificing performance. The process is easier than you think, not to mention fun and rewarding.
If you’re already a gamer, you know well a home-built PC leaves the door open for upgrades — as technology changes, as your gaming tastes and needs change, or as your budget allows.
Heads Up! Tech upgrades you need to build your customized Gaming PC
- Motherboard & CPU
- Memory & GPU
- Storage Devices
- Power supply & Cooling
- PC Case & Monitor
- Gaming Peripherals
Furthermore, you don’t need to be an expert IT technician to arrange it all. Spare a day to get to the computer accessories market, with the list of parts mentioned, or just buy online along with a screwdriver.
Here’s you comprehensive guide to build your first Gaming PC.
Motherboard & CPU
If you’re looking to put together a serious gaming or streaming rig aim to flag off with best motherboards. These are the most crucial component to build a Gaming PC computer. While the motherboard helps you overclock better when gaming. It also ensures all the hardware reaches its threshold to provide you with a remarkable experience.
- ASUS PRIME H370M-PLUS LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel H370 SATA 6GB/s USB 3.1 mATX motherboard
- GIGABYTE H370 HD3 (LGA1151/Intel/USB 3.1 Gen 2 (USB3.1) Type A/HDMI/M.2/ATX/DDR4/Motherboard)
- MSI ATX Motherboard Z370-A PRO (Turbo M.2: Delivering Speeds Up to 32GB/s)
The two primary CPU manufacturers in the consumer space are Intel and AMD, and even within those brands, there are plenty of choices.
- Intel Corporation Core i5 9400F 9th Generation Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.1 GHz Turbo Without Graphics LGA1151 300 Series 65W (Discrete Graphic Card Needed for Display)
- AMD Ryzen 5 3400G Desktop Processor with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics Max Boost of 4.2Ghz Bundled with EX-A320M Gaming Motherboard
Memory & GPU
A short-term memory-processing unit is what you call RAM. It allows computers to access files quickly and run multiple processes at once without lagging. Bigger the better is the solo-statement goes well with some chosen products you can assemble one from
- G.SKILL FBA4719692004970 Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
- XPG Adata GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3200MHz 8GB (1x8GB) Desktop U-DIMM Memory (AX4U320038G16-SR30)
- G.SkillRipjaws Series DDR4 Memory Module (8GB X 1pcs, 3600Mhz)
Now comes the GPU, the graphics-processing unit or graphics card, or video card, is a flashy component. Not only does it look cool but also allows your games to run in their full-configuration. And show the ultra-realistic world without having to slow down or lags to the computer. After having a through read on sites that stress-test graphics cards and publish reviews pointing out flaws in aesthetics and execution. Here are some picks for you
- NVIDIA ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan 8GB
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ventus XS 6GB OC GDDR5 Gaming Graphic Card
- GALAX GeForce® GTX 1660 (1-Click OC) 6GB GDDR5 192-bit DP/HDMI/DVI-D Graphic Card
Remember Inception, dreams within dreams. Now, there’s a choice within a choice. As you continue your shopping, there is another choice you have to make. You can buy either a hard drive or a solid-state drive (SSD).
Some sources recommend combining a lower-end SSD with a hard drive for the best of both worlds. But if you can cover your storage needs with an SSD alone, it may be helpful to go this route. As these SSD drives can halve loading times without a twitch.
If this sounds overwhelming, don’t worry. It’s possible to add storage to your PC in the future. For now, we have kept the top two options as solid state drives.
- XPG S40G 256GB RGB 3D NAND PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.3 M.2 2280 Internal SSD (AS40G-256GT-C)
- CORSAIR Force Series MP510 240GB NVMePCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 SSD Solid State Storage, Up to 3,480MB/s (CSSD-F240GBMP510)
- Seagate New BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5″ Hard Drive Bare Desktop Drive Latest
- Western Digital Blue 1TB Internal Desktop 3.5 Inch Hard Drive (WD10EZRZ)
Power supply & Cooling
Harness the power into your box to bring alive all the components. Avoid settling for the cheapest PSU to plug into your new machine. As instead, it might fluctuate to end your experience there. If you buy nice components but penny-pinch for your power supply. You may find that you’ve literally torched your investment.
- Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650W A/UK Cable Power Supply
- Corsair CP-9020172-UK VS 650W Active PFC 80 Plus Power Supply (Black)
- Antec VP650 P Plus 650 Watt 80 Plus Power Supply with 85% Efficiency
- RGB CPU Air Cooler MA610P 6 CDC Heat Pipes Master Fan 120mm Intel/AMD AM4 Support (RGB)
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Cooler with PWM Fan
PC Case & Monitor
While you can choose from the variety of ultra-wide monitors, below are some of the finest selections. The case is actually the housing unit where all your components will sit. As you would want to add more parts in future, its recommended to look for one that’s made of metal rather than plastic. Insides should be spacious enough to keep your current components ventilated while leaving room for future replacement parts.
And, of course, always check the reviews. It can be tricky to tell from an online photo how well a piece will perform when you have it under your desk.
- LG 34 inch Curved 21:9 Ultrawide Monitor – WQHD, IPS Panel with, HDMI, Display, USB, Thunderbolt Ports – 34UC98 (Black/Silver)
- Alienware NEW Curved 34 Inch WQHD 3440 X 1440 120Hz, NVIDIA G-SYNC, IPS LED Edgelight, Monitor – Lunar Light, AW3420DW
- Cooler Master Box MCB-B500D-KGNN-S00 MB500 Case
- Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB Steel/Plastic/Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (Black)
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-Delta RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case – Black
Its extra but imperative! While you shop consider these devices as the last thing to choose. If you are buying things from a marker, chances are you might find heavy discounts on these items. Choose wisely.
- CORSAIR K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard – Quiet & Satisfying LED Backlit Keys – Media Controls – Wrist Rest Included – Onboard Macro Recording
- Logitech Prodigy G213 RGB Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Wired Gaming Mouse, 4,000 DPI, Lightweight, 8 Programmable Buttons, Compatible with PC/Mac – Black
- Razer DeathAdder Elite – Ergonomic Wired Optical Mouse Gaming Mouse (USB, Black) RZ01-02010100-R3A1
- Logitech G331 Gaming Headset 6 mm Flip-to-Mute Mic for Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
Your new gaming rig is looking great and you are ready to put it to good use. There’s only one problem, you’re staring at a fresh copy of Windows with no games in sight!