Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme with UHD display and NVIDIA discrete graphics launched
At IFA 2018, Lenovo has announced the launch of the company’s new ThinkPad X1 Extreme laptop with the aim to woo advanced-level consumers. The latest portable from the brand comes as the first entry in the X1 series to sport a 15-inch display and feature NVIDIA discrete graphics.
As per the company, the new laptop is ideal for data-intensive workloads, video and photo editing, graphics rendering, and virtual and mixed reality applications.
The new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme extends the series now to a 15.6-inch display platform. That display is a 4K touch-enabled beauty as well that supports Dolby Vision HDR and 100% Adobe RGB gamut coverage. I’ve previously spent quality time with Lenovo’s new ThinkPad X1 Carbon, with its 1440p HDR display, and was thoroughly impressed with its colour accuracy, great contrast and brightness, that actually competes with OLED panels, in my opinion.
Hopefully, the ThinkPad X1 Extreme’s 15-inch panel is cut from the same cloth. Beyond that, for the X1 Extreme, there’s some serious horsepower under its hood as well.
Lenevo Extreme X1 Specs
- Processor options: Up to 8th-Gen ntel Core i7 with vPro
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Dimensions: 14.24” x 9.67” x 0.72” (361.8 x 245.7 x 18.4 (18.7 w/touch mm)
- Weight: 3.75lbs / 1.7kg (4.04lbs /1.8kg w/touch)
- Display options: 15.6-inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS touchscreen with Dolby Vision or 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen
- Memory options: up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM
- Storage options: 2 Devices (2x M.2 2280 PCIe TLC & SATA w/ Raid 0/1 I Up to 2TB (2x 1TB PCIe SSD)
- Audio: Dolby Atmos
- Estimated battery: up to 13 hours
- Ports: 2 USB3.1, 2 ThunderBolt 3, SD slot, HDMI 2.0
- Other: backlit keyboard, backlight, fingerprint reader, Windows Hello-enabled webcam, ThinkShutter