First-ever Global Indian Business Excellence Awards launched in Parliament to foster stronger UK-India relationship
The number of Indian businesses investing in the UK has grown over the years, including a considerable jump of the previous year, despite Brexit uncertainties.
To celebrate this growing UK-India partnership globally, WBR Corp UK Limited launched its first ever Global Indian Business Excellence Awards in Britain’s House of Commons on Thursday 30 May 2019 with Asian Voice as the co-host. The ceremony was graced was UK parliamentarians like Lord Navnit Dholakia, MP Keith Vaz, MP Virendra Sharma and MP Seema Malhotra, peers, leaders of the community and business fraternity.
The primary objective of the awards is a result of a comprehensive market research study. It is to identify and recognise the fastest growing organisations and entrepreneurs across a range of industries. The winners have been chosen on the basis of comprehensive profiling and after extensive background check of nominated organisations or individuals.
“The main aim for organising Global Indian Business Excellence Awards is to create a common platform for Indian and UK entrepreneurs, professionals and like-minded businesses to network and identify potential areas of investment in the UK”, said. Shilpa Gupta, Director WBR Corp UK Limited.
List of the winners of Global Indian Business Excellence Awards:
- Most Preferred University Providing Global Environment to International Students: REVA University
- Social Change Maker and Educationist of the Year: Dr Cdr Kartikay Saini, Chairman, Scottish High International School, India
- Corporate Real Estate Services Company of the Year: Vestian
- Skill Development Training Company of the Year: CADD Centre Training Services Pvt Ltd
- Iconic Business Personality of the Year: Dr Minnie Bodhanwala, CEO, Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children
- Best Start-up of the Year: Life Span Pvt Ltd
- Social Rights Activist and Woman Entrepreneur of the Year: Dr Shahnaz Ahmed, Chairperson, Springdale High School
- Pathology and Diagnostic Services Company of the Year: Modern Diagnostic and Research Centre
- Fastest Growing Brand in Locks and Hardware: Suzu Steel India
- Pioneer of Affiliate Marketing in India: L D Sharma, MD and CEO, OMG Network India Pvt Ltd
- Outstanding Contribution to Beauty and Wellness Sector: Kapil Kumar
- Most Preferred Travel Solutions Company of the Year: Pushti Tours and Travels
- Fastest Growing Indian Spirits Company of the Year: Kaya Blenders and Distillers Ltd
- Outstanding Contribution to Environmental Conservation and Innovative Products: Yatin Gupte, CEO and Founder of Wardwizard Solutions India Pvt Ltd
- Educationist and Social Worker of the Year: Grace Romila, Grace International School
- Leadership and Innovation in IT Consulting and Advisory Services: Kapil Jain, Head of Customer Success (the UK and Europe), NIIT Technologies
- Excellence in Architecture and Design: De Proxemics Design Studio, London
- Best Emerging Interior Design Professional of the Year: Karishma Kakoti, founder, K A Designs
“The mission of these awards is to recognise Indian businesses that have excelled in various fields, and support those who seek to do business in the UK”, said CB Patel, Publisher/Editor of Asian Voice, co-host of the awards.
“India and the UK share a special relationship which dates back several decades and I believe that the years ahead hold much promise for bilateral investment. Our two countries are going through different but significant times. The Indian government led by the dynamism of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is poised for a rock solid and stable 5-year tenure – one that is set to deliver the ambitions of the Indian people and Indian overseas investment. This can only augur well for Indian entrepreneurs who seek to set up shop in the UK”, he added.
“The annual ‘India Meets Britain Tracker’ published by business advisory firm Grant Thornton UK LLP and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) reported that the number of Indian companies doing business in Britain has increased from 800 in 2018 to 842 in 2019, with a combined turnover of 48 billion pounds. This is despite the ongoing uncertainties around Brexit. This is a testament to the resilience and entrepreneurial genius of Indian businesses. I am confident that the years ahead will continue to see this upward trend and the UK will continue to be a leading investment destination for Indian investors”, stated CB Patel.
“India has seen a strong leadership under Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his recent mandate with a sweeping victory will definitely set India upon an accelerated growth trajectory. Under Modi’s leadership, Indo-UK relationship has been at an all-time high and I am confident that this will be beneficial for businesses in both countries”, he added.
The awards also saw the unveiling of the Forbes India Special magazine viz. ‘Global Indian Brands and Leaders’ with features on some key players from different industries.
The Global Indian Business Excellence Awards have tied up with Forbes India and are bringing out a special issue called ‘India Shining’ with features on the winners of this inaugural year.
Forbes is a 100-year-old company and is one of the most recognisable amongst business brands.
This story is provided by BusinessWire India. ANI will not be responsible in any way for the content of this article. (ANI)